France is going to play Poland.
Kylian Mbappé against Robert Lewandowski, if you want to dramatize the duel.
Indulging my mind into World Cup soccer while producing and publishing daily ads has been my cure, potion, or main source of distraction. Eating well, or relatively well, has been helping as well.
I have only left the studio to grab food or prepare food at the house. I’ve practically been living in my voiceover studio, which is possible because I have everything I need to clean myself and nourish myself until I run out of stock.
“Dry tears” is what I’ve been experiencing.
I’m not per se a cryer, but I have had dry crying experiences in the past when I was in a sad mood.
However, I do enjoy the Tycho-esque, past is prologue, rock-bottom emptiness that I fall into when sad. It’s giving me goosebumps.
It makes me feel vulnerable.
It makes me feel myself.
It makes me feel me.
It makes me feel less numb, I believe.
(to be continued after a short break)
It was 3.57 p.m. CEST, here in Berlin’s former Russian sector when I started writing to you.
On Dec 4th, 2022 with 3 degrees Celsius (-2 degrees warmer compared to Tuesday, Nov 29th)
hi, i’m building my dream Voiceover YouTube channel as a milestone to my dream storytelling company, Susé Patrola. when done, i’ll move to singapore.
🥥 making money with voiceover is the only 1 thing i care about right now uga uga 🐒
Summing up startup week 100 (from Wed Nov 30 to Sun Dec 4), I would say:
I delivered what I promised to deliver.
2×1 new YouTube video ad a day:
But, I’m not happy that I sometimes spend hours trying to find the right image for the YouTube thumbnail. For example, to find the YouTube thumbnail for Ad 26 (Bloodless “Die Mannschaft” soccer in Qatar (except Antonio Rüdiger)) I spent 3.5 hours deciding for the right image. Decision-making is the big bottleneck in my ad-creation process.
One exception from my daily rhythm was when I published two ads on Wednesday, because I failed to deliver on Tuesday. The consequence: catch up and deliver the ad I missed the next day.
Daily Delivery can feel brutal… if you interpret too much into it. All of a sudden, 24 hours don’t feel as long anymore.
I uploaded 2×5 new video ads to YouTube within 5 days:
- 🇺🇸 Ad 27: wash your family, dog, and car in under 5 minutes for the lowest possible price
- 🇩🇪 Ad 27: Wasche deine Familie, deinen Hund und dein Auto in weniger als 5 Minuten zum günstigsten Preis
- 🇺🇸 Ad 26: Bloodless “Die Mannschaft” soccer in Qatar (except Antonio Rüdiger)
- 🇩🇪 Ad 26: Blutleerer „Die Mannschaft“ Fußball in Katar (außer Antonio Rüdiger)
- 🇺🇸 Ad 25: everyone is talking about going to the toilet, but is paying a tribute to mother nature still an effective strategy?
- 🇩🇪 Ad 25: Alle reden davon, auf die Toilette zu gehen, aber ist die Anerkennung von Mutter Natur noch eine wirksame Strategie?
- 🇺🇸 Ad 24: can 1 liquid replace 3 meals a day? (yfood drinking meal)
- 🇩🇪 Ad 24: kann 1 Flüssigkeit 3 Mahlzeiten am Tag ersetzen? (yfood Trinkmahlzeit)
- 🇺🇸 Hack Ad 23: scan a QR code without a camera on macOS (Shottr)
- 🇩🇪 Hack Ad 23: scanne QR-Code ohne Kamera auf macOS (Shottr)
- 🇺🇸 Ad 22: i have tomatoes 🍅 on my eyes 👀 (Harvest of Health)
- 🇩🇪 Ad 22: ich hab Tomaten 🍅 auf den Augen 👀 (Harvest of Health)
I will stop here.
But before I go I will share these 3 things with you:
1️⃣ word of the week: hobnob | verb | HAHB-nahb. Hobnob means “to come or be together as friends.” If this isn’t good timing. I swear I didn’t plan this word of the week for this break-up time of my life. “Good” timing, I guess.
2️⃣ song of the week: Runner: I. Sixteenths Steve Reich, Los Angeles Philharmonic, Susanna Mälkki (Spotify) Each time I’m listening to it, I feel something.
3️⃣ mimicry of the week: your communication style and body language affects your organisation (LinkedIn). It’s hilarious! :D (as you can imagine, it’s a great inspiration for my acting/stage presence as well.)
Lots of body-language love to you,
- Alex (you can hire me)
p.s. adventure ⛰️ + I'm winning
p.p.s. write drunk voiceover sober