What I’m grateful for:
- thinking & feeling people
The thinker-feelers that express things the most profoundly for me are the moviemaking philosophers 🎥
- chosen family
A very stylish Taiwanese kid gang from Growing Up (1983)
- Long, winding conversations, over food
Over hot pot, most preferably
- 55-70 degree days and sunshine
But perhaps, more importantly, temperate days in the context of seasons. Unchanging weather feels like purgatory
- clean air, water, food
Unclear how much longer we will have a clean world, or even if we currently do, but I’m grateful nonetheless
- Kneipp Herbal Bath Oil
At approximately $1.40/bath, this is the best ratio of cost-to-satisfaction for a wellness product
- public movie theaters, large and small
I love my indie repertory cinemas, but I also think there’s a place for the AMCs and Regals of the world
- physical bookstores, large and small
- fun fact: Shannon DeVito, who is quoted in that NYT article as the director of Books at B&N, once gifted me the entire Neapolitan Novels set. We've since lost touch, but it was the most wonderful gift that I am still so thankful for.
Nicolas Party @ Rizzoli Bookstore, interviewed by my dear friend Simon 💕
- H Mart: I can now enter and exit with my week's worth of groceries in 6 minutes flat.
- Also grateful for bok choy, specifically
Though this is a photo of Napa cabbage
- farmers' market apples
Or hand-picked apples, if we can swing it!
- public transportation
🖕 car culture, destroyer of worlds
- Z's village: Andrei, Chester/Andrew
It takes a village to calm a relentless spirit
- Peter taking the morning shift
This used to be my job, but we realized it was ruining my days to be irritated with our puppy first thing in the morning. I took over another dreaded chore (laundry), we’re all much happier! It’s the little things!!
He's not only my sweet syrup pie, but also my best friend, my pal, he's my homeboy, my rotten soldier, my sweet cheese, my good time boy