A tornado in Green Bay, crazy warm temps, and the stock market falling out of grace.
I'm probably not the only one looking forward to the weekend. But before we get to the weekend, let's lookback.
5 things I did this week:
- Visited my Grandma in the Upper Penisula over the previous weekend, which was soul refreshing
- Ran 6 times for 27.5 miles (1 of those runs was the Bellin 10k – I finished around 43/44 minutes)
- Went for a beautiful 6-mile trail run with an amazing human being who happened to beat me at the Bellin 10k (and is around 20 years older than me!)
- Got dinner with Katie's parents for an early anniversary celebration (It's been one whole year!?)
- Hosted MyTalentPlanner's first webinar with Steve Van Remortel as the subject matter expert (we will be doing this weekly)
3 things I learned this week:
1. Less is more.
I'm very insecure.
I struggle a lot with a desire to have more friends and role models whom I interact with. But when I pressure test that desire, I find it lacking in substance. I don't want more friends. Instead, I want to avoid doing life alone (aside from my wife).
And by having fewer people I've gone incredibly deep with, I've solved this desire without realizing it. Sometimes less is more.
2. Everyone has regrets.
After finishing my Bellin 10k, I instantly regretted not pushing harder and getting a better time.
I felt unique in my angst. But after chatting with a friend who beat me, I realized he had similar feelings about wishing he went faster. Funny, isn't it? Like excuses, we all have regrets.
What are you gonna do with yours? Let them hold you back or bolster you forward?
3. It's better to be kind than right.
This one comes from my trail run this week.
My friend, who is far wiser than I, gave me the best marriage advice. He stated that it's always better to be kind than right. This resonated deeply with me, someone who has to always be right.
Which do I strive more for: being right or being nice?
1 question for you:
Think about the one material thing you value most in your life: How would your life be BETTER without it?
Thank you for reading this week's lookback!
Now it's your turn to share:
- What did you do this week?
- What did you learn this week?
- What question is on your mind?
Have a relaxing weekend!
🧠 + ❤️ // JO